How to Move WoW Characters to a Different Server?
Information for WOW players. You may create your own unique game characters in World of Warcraft. If it has been more than 90 days after the realm was founded, you can move your favorite WoW character to another server (also known as a “realm”). Transferring a character to another server necessitates payment to Blizzard. This charge is $25 per character as of June 2012. If you live in specific states, such as Texas or New Mexico, tax is applied to the cost.
What is the procedure for moving a character?
- Access the “Account Management” area of your World of Warcraft account.
- Clear out your character’s mail and auctions. If your character is the current leader of a guild or an Arena team, you must either transfer leadership to another member or disband your guild or team. Guild and Arena team leaders cannot be transferred.
- Click “Character Services” at the bottom of your World of Warcraft account page.
- Click “Character Transfer,” then “Paid Character Transfer,” and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- When asked, provide your payment card details as well as any additional information needed. You will be asked to confirm the accuracy of the information you submitted.
- To finish the character transfer procedure, click to confirm that the information is valid and then follow the on-screen instructions. You should be provided an approximate time frame for transferring your character to another server.
- Check your email for a World of Warcraft confirmation letter. Your character may be transported to the new realm for up to five days.
Follow our articles for more practical tips.
Resources: smallbusiness, photobank
Author of this article
WAS THIS ARTICLE HELPFUL?
Support us to keep up the good work and to provide you even better content. Your donations will be used to help students get access to quality content for free and pay our contributors’ salaries, who work hard to create this website content! Thank you for all your support!