8 tips for handy search engines that Google is short on! Do you know them all?
We can all agree that the most popular and most used search engine is Google. But have you heard of specialized search engines that could offer you much more relevant information? Let us introduce you to some great search engines that specialize in books, science, and more. We’d love it if you could give us feedback on whether any of them have helped you.
- Over a billion academic resources: refseek.com
- Search content from 20,000 global libraries: worldcat.org
- Scholarly documents, including books and articles (more than 10 million): springer.com
- Library of biological journals: bioline.org.br
- 4 million publications from volunteers around the world: repec.org
- U.S. government search engine for more than 2,200 science sites: science.gov
- The largest site for free PDF book downloads (over 225 million titles): pdfdrive.com
- The most powerful search engine for academic research texts (more than 100 million scientific articles): base-search.net
Source, photo: pixabay
Author of this article
WAS THIS ARTICLE HELPFUL?
Support us to keep up the good work and to provide you even better content. Your donations will be used to help students get access to quality content for free and pay our contributors’ salaries, who work hard to create this website content! Thank you for all your support!